For the last five days, I have been in Melbourne. Melbourne is a city on the tip of Australia in a state called Victoria. I went with my roommate Becca and we met up with her friend Kim and Kim's mom. It was technically study week but since I don't have any finals until the 23rd I felt I could travel instead.
We went from June 3rd to June 8th and I had a blast. Melbourne is a REALLY artsy city so we spent a lot of time looking at alleyway graffiti, going to some museums, walking around the city, and went to a mall. We also went to St. Kilda beach and the Melbourne aquarium. They had trams all around the city centre and people who had been to California seem to say it is like San Fransisco.
We also went to the Great Ocean Road which was started after World War I. The soldiers had gotten back from the war and did not have jobs, so they helped build the Great Ocean Road. It took us a whole day to see the Great Ocean Road (we didn't get to see the London Bridge formation because it was dark out by that time). You can do a 3 day tour but 1 day was good enough for me. :-) It was really windy that day and so I had made some very interesting facial expressions. My hair was everywhere for every photo just about and it even snowed/hailed a little! Craziness! It definitely felt like winter there. :-)
I am really glad I went on this trip and next up I am going to Sydney from the 13th to the 16th of June, and then I come back to study for finals. Ugh! But it has to be done. I can't believe my time here has flown by!
xx
Are those real Penguins?
ReplyDelete