Besides that (which in of itself is totally exciting), I went museum hopping today. The Gallery of Modern Art (GoMa as its called here) and the Queensland Museum are both located next to the State Library, which is about 15 or 16 minutes from my apartment complex.
| Balloon room!! |
| The wishes wall |
| Me with static-y hair. Thanks, balloon room. |
First I went to GoMa, where they had a ton of cool exhibits. There was a wall of wishes and you could take one down and replace it with a slip of paper with your own wish on it. There were also other cool exhibits, like one where you got to meet 'aliens' and 'become one', and another on some Polish speeches (I watched an interesting one -- there were about 6 or 7 -- where this man, I do not know who he was but he looked like a priest, said that the Polish teens need to not follow Westerners and not accept homosexuals). There was also an Infinity room and a room where these people sang Michael Jackon's 'Billie Jean.' The best part was this was all for free! (Free plus college student equals heaven.) There was a balloon room full of, you guessed it, balloons and a slide from the 3rd floor to the 1st floor. When I went on the slide I made the mistake of closing my eyes (you lie down for it) and I got a bit of a dizzing headache. But still, it felt like I was on a rollercoaster!
| Me going down the slide. Why yes, I am 21! :-P |
My favourite room was the Finch room. It was this entire room painted white with wooden floors and it had white hangers coming down from the ceiling. On these hangers were bird feeders, mating structures that looked like bee hives, as well as real live finches. You weren't allowed to take photos, which is too bad because it was my favourite and I felt so peaceful there. The finches flew around from each hanger section to another, some flew to the floor and I watched as a bunch circled above me a few times.
After that, I went to Queensland Museum, where I saw an exhibit on the recent floods, a room about a soldier in the Great War (WWI), another about endangered species and a special exhibit on a photographer in the early 1900's who went around Australia and took photos of Aboriginals.
Sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteWoah woah woah....a hotel?! Are you kidding??!?! You are going to stay in a hobbit house and you will live that dream for me and you will love it.
ReplyDelete