Surprisingly...or not so surprisingly I guess since this is STUDY abroad (Mom keeps reminding me), I actually have work to do this weekend. A 500-word close reading on a poem for my Romanticism in Lit class due Monday. And I have to get mentally prepared for a 1,000-word essay due in two weeks for my Australian Lit class. After that, I have another paper that's due the 2nd of May for Romanticism class. I have a third paper due for Indigenous Australian Issues sometime. Not to mention the little assignments we get each week for Creative Writing. I'll be kicking butt and taking names this weekend. Or just...doing my homework.
In the meantime, I'm listening to my roommates try to figure out their spring break schedule and what they want to do with the time. Two of my roommates here Brianna and Becca are science majors and their courses do not run the week that Easter break begins (I have class). I am pretty glad to be settled more or less in that situation, and I look forward to going to New Zealand with each coming day. Oh, and not to mention I will hopefully be done with part of this HEAP!!!! of papers I have to write. :-P
St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow and I have nothing green to wear except sweatpants, and let me tell you no one at uni wears sweatpants. Everyone. Is. So. So. Fashionable. I don't know how I didn't bring enough green with me; I love green and own a lot of it. Somehow, I came to Australia with more blue than green. Too bad I can't substitute blue for green. Blue shamrocks sound awesome, don't you think? Ha ha. I think I'll just go with whatever I feel like wearing tomorrow and have a Guinness in Ireland's honour.Besides St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, my grandma's birthday is Friday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!! And the best friend ever, Nicole, turns the big 2-1 (yes, its still celebrated hugely over here despite the drinking age being eighteen) on Sunday. Woot hoo!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GUYS!!! <3 I'm sending all my love through this blog post, and e-mails of course. Miss you both v. v. much.
In other non birthday/green holiday news, I recently downloaded the album "Sigh No More" by Mumford and Sons. Since downloading, I have listened to their entire album about 20 times and every time I am on a bus or walking anywhere. They are a folksy band; I guess the best description is a bunch of guys who sound kind of like Bob Dylan with bangos and they are awesome. Mom, you can definitely burn yourself a copy of their music when I get home! <3 To preview, just click the video below:
Hope your week has been going well!
xo

Will definitely check out Mumford and Sons.
ReplyDelete<3 Corey
hey thanks for the birthday shout out. When are you going to New Zealand? have fun this week. miss u
ReplyDeleteNicole
Bloomers indeed. I got a jump start on St Pat's day and wore a green shamrock sticker on my thigh today. We were at the ballgame (Twins 4, Mets 3; wrong team won but a good game).
ReplyDeleteWatch that Guinness on the 17th; strong stuff... though I'll probably have a Black & Tan.
I'll wear extra green since you don't have enough; I've got plenty.
May the wind be at your back. love ya