Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

As I am sitting here with every Coldplay album I have playing in the background (thanks, iTunes), I am watching the rain fall. And by fall, I mean have the best shower pressure ever. I'm on a break from my massive amounts of reading due next week, and the rain outside just looks so...unpleasant.

I get lots of Facebook messages from people telling me that I am "so lucky" to have "the best weather." I try not to rub it in -- I mean just today, I kind of missed putting on my favourite winter jumper and making hot chocolate.

It's these times where it's pouring cats and dogs that I am grateful for New Jersey and Boston weather, which can be anything at any time. Rain? No problem. Snow? Ha, got my boots on! 86 and sunny? YES, PLEASE! I am grateful to be accustomed to rain, snow, sleet, blizzards, sunshine, tornado warnings, etc. so that I am not unnerved by the changes in the weather here. Though, it'd be great if it could be sunny and 80 all day, every day. ;-)

I have an insane amount of reading to do for next week and all I want to do is sit here and watch the rain. Here's my assignments due next week:
- Read a 300-page book by Wednesday
- Read 3 short stories and analyze them by Wednesday
- Read 2 chapters of my lecturer's book by Tuesday
- Read some poems in an anthology for Monday

Instead of doing that (for the record, I read the first chapter of my lecturer's book and the first 100 pages of the 300-page book), I am content to listen to the cars drive through the road next to my apartment complex, their tires sloshing through the wet, watery street, and watch the water come down in a pressure that should be available to all Lesley showers back home (but isn't. sadly).

I promise to update in a few days time with a more in depth look at my fantabulous life in the South Pacific.

But now...I leave you with this:
Glee's Umbrella/Singing in the Rain

4 comments:

  1. love the video!! and I can't believe you have that much work to do for next week...what a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain rain, go away. Come again another day. Little Rachel wants to play.... but should be reading & studying! Have fun though. Love from the REAL Sunshine state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You know where this actually came from?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61tOzOUguF4

    One of my favorite videos :)

    ReplyDelete