My classes in total are going to be hard and I am not looking forward to the amount of work I have to do. A total of 8 essays this semester (2 of them with 8 sources each; no internet) and 1 short story. I know I will work hard and do my best, but I feel like the Australians are the hardest graders I've encountered. I guess the Lesley comparison is having Dr. D for every class, except my fresher level Creative Writing class (that seems decent enough; I'm excited for a light course with no essays!). I did not have my Creative Writing tutorial this Thursday but I did go into uni anyway.
Why did I go in? I have exciting news... I booked a trip to New Zealand!!! I don't know if many of you know, but I am really obsessed with The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. The book is one of my favorites, and really propelled me into wanting to read more fantasy when I was about 9 years old. It is also a reason why I chose to go to Australia. The filming of The Hobbit (prequel to Lord of the Rings for those who don't know) is going on in New Zealand until July or August. Anyway back to my plans...this trip is a 7 day tour around the South Islands. Unfortunately this is where the huge earthquake just happened, however I won't be in Christchurch for more than a day or two. No worries, alright? :) So from the 23rd of April to the 2nd of May, I will be in New Zealand where I will go glacial hiking and hike in the mountains and go to an ice bar and other cool stuff. And yes, I see that it is til the 2nd...I will be there for my birthday (1st)! WOOT! I am so excited!!
Saturday was the day where I did no homework whatsoever. It also poured again but I made it outside because...I FINALLY saw the musical, Wicked!! It's been such a long time coming for me to see the musical. I have tried multiple times to go see it but have either had class when Lesley got discount tickets to go see it in Boston or I didn't win lottery tickets like this summer.
It was such a great day to be spending it inside watching a (pretty much) feel good musical. Wicked for those who don't know is the story of the Wicked Witch of the West. It was originally a novel by Gregory Macguire (who once visited Lesley but the year before I came, sadly), and then it was turned into a musical. The book is very dark whereas the musical is very lighthearted. I really had a great time and after listening to the soundtrack for about two or three years now, I must say, I was singing along to all the songs. ;-) The songs were really great and the sets were awesome. There was a bit of steampunk going on with the set but I loved the modern touches, like some of the clothing that the characters wore. I spent today finishing up the rest of my readings and I am anticipating my upcoming work. I'm sure I will get it done; it just seems like a lot after having a month or so off from doing any sort of school work. This week will just be going to lectures and participating in tutorials. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
xo

Good that you saw Wicked (I liked it too). But don't BE wicked... do your homework! And hey, hve you been to the campus library? Tell me about it. Maybe it might be a good place to study for a change of pace. Happy reading.
ReplyDelete